- Robust steel carry case
- Size 450mm Wide x 180mm Deep x 240mm High
- Colour RAL9005 (Jet Black)
- All test leads stowed inside hinged cover
- Carry handle
- Input 415v, 4 Wire, 125VA per phase
- Output injection current switch selectable, Off / 100Amps / 125Amps
DescriptionFor electricity meter installations, the PIU enables commissioning and calibration checks to be made when no customer load is available, including new or unoccupied sites.
The "Toolbox" size unit contains flexible three phase connecting leads with wing nut termination to provide single or multi-turn pass through of the installed client current transformers. In this way, a simulated primary load is "generated" at a level necessary for the meter system to operate in the required range.
Power is supplied to the PIU from the voltage connections at the meter test block using the supplied multi-core cable.